So, over the weekend I went and ordered some patterns. I still need to get 2 more, but I have the 4 main ones that I will need.
I ordered them from TruelyVictorian.info. (I am in no way reimbursed for this plug)
I will, probably for the next few years, be attempting to make a Victorian Day Dress circa 1880s. The tail bodice is circa 1883, the overskirt is circa 1886, the underskirt is circa 1885, and I’ll be using a corset pattern from 1880.
I still need to get a chemise pattern and a bustle pattern. I just need to do some more research on the types of bustles and chemises from that era to decide which route I want to go.
I have no idea what colors will be in this dress, nor what types of accents I’ll be using.
I’m waiting on the patterns to get here so I can see what materials are recommended. After that, once I decide materials, I’ll decide on colors.
As previously mentioned, this is a multi year project, and that’s for a number of reasons. The first being that I do not currently own a dress form. The second being space. I don’t have space for a sewing machine, which is fine, because if I stay period true to this dress, I’ll be doing a lot of hand sewing.
I’ll post more on this project at a later date.
Back to the crochet work for the time being.